2020health is an independent, social enterprise think tank whose mission is to “Make Health Personal”.
Launched in 2006, we have had the privilege to work with thousands of people committed to improving health and wellbeing, and across political lines and disciplinary divides. Now in ‘2020’ – always for us about having a vision – we are evolving and will be producing a new website shortly.
Mission Vision Action
To “Make Health Personal” – providing people with the information, understanding and confidence to take a meaningful role in their health and wellbeing, and creating the conditions for a healthy society.
Making Health Personal means:
• Sustainability: Understanding that individuals and their communities are essential contributors to a healthy society and environment.
• Sharing: Empowering people through trustworthy technology to develop knowledge and confidence, becoming ‘participatients’ in managing their health and mutual support through networks.
• Shaping: Researching and designing provision that reflects the lived experience, needs and culture of individuals and communities, enabling people and professionals to thrive.
2020health works through research, evaluation, campaigning and relationships:
• Combining the experience of the public, patients, practitioners, experts and policy makers in the public and private sectors through dynamic research projects identifying best evidence and practice to produce recommendations and implementation plans for action.
• Using our evidence on improvement to influence the relevant stakeholders and policy makers.
• Publicising our work through social media and the press.
Powerful, authentic and practical ideas are generated when people with a commitment to improving health come together. 2020health works with the public, patients, clinicians, managers, politicians, industry and professional occupations, economists and academia to develop realistic policy plans that will improve healthcare and wellbeing.
Our income for our research comes through unrestricted educational grants and from foundations. We have never had donors on our Board. Having held hundreds of events over our first 14 years we now focus on primary qualitative and quantitative research and direct dissemination of our findings to stakeholders.